The Subtle Mummy – BK’s Gymnastics Home Workout
To help you keep the kids active while at home, try this short gymnastics workout.
It’s bursting with fun exercises that the entire family can join in on. Give it a try today!
- 10 x Star Jumps
- 5 x Straight Jumps – Arms up in rocket shape, Legs and feet together, landing in a squat/feet slightly apart, hold your squat for 3 secs.
- 10 x hops on each leg
- 5 x Burpees – start in rocket shape, jump down to squat, jump your legs out to front support (hands on floor), jump feet back into squat shape, jump straight up in rocket shape.
- Running on the spot for 20secs, high knees!
- Running on the spot 20secs, kicking your bottom!
- Get yourself a towel, roll it up length ways and use it as a balance beam. Practise your forwards walking, sideways walking, backwards walking. Don’t forget your aeroplanes arms! Can you make it harder by doing a jump on your beam?
- Roll up 4 or 5 tea towels and do big straight jumps or tuck jumps over the tea towels. Make sure to keep your feet together.
Stretch it out
- Lay on the ground in a star shape. Stretch over to one side (5secs), stretch over to the other side (5secs). Repeat.
- Standing in a rocket shape, reach down and touch your toes, count to 5. Stand up tall and reach down to your toes again, count to 5.
- Hand exercises x 3 – Popcorn, hand together, pop pop pop POP, hands back together, rollercoasters.
Video credit: The Subtle Mummy