Chicken Rice Bowl Recipe
Staying on top of nutrition doesn’t need to be hard, nor does it need to take a lot of time. Here’s a quick, easy and nutritious Chicken Rice Bowl recipe that we’ve pulled for you from our online training platform Home Fitness Network. If you’re not a member yet, check it out!
This recipe takes just 15 minutes to prepare and contains just 299 calories. #WINNING
200g Lean Chicken Breast, cut into long strips
2 Teaspoons Fajita Spice Mix (2g)
100g Brown Rice, Cooked
40g Baby Spinach
1/2 Red Onion (73g), finely sliced
1 125g cans Sweetcorn, Drained (85g)
1 Red Capsicum (155g), chopped
1/3 Cups Canned Red Kidney Beans, rinsed & drained
1 Fresh Lime (49g), cut into wedges
Olive Oil Spray
- Place chicken in a medium snap-lock bag and add spice mix. Seal bag and shake to coat. Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Cook chicken for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside to cool slightly.
- Divide rice, spinach, onion, corn, capsicum and beans between bowls. Cut chicken into pieces and add to bowls. Serve with lime wedges to squeeze over.
- Use pre-cooked microwave brown rice in this recipe to save time.
- Use pre-cooked microwave brown rice with chia or quinoa if preferred.
- To maximise your time, chop ingredients like onion and capsicum while the chicken is cooking.
- If making ahead, cool the chicken then pack into an airtight container and keep chilled.
Want more? There’s plenty more where that came from. Home Fitness Network contains over 150+ meal plans and hundreds of quick and easy recipes like this, which have been designed by Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation team. In addition, you’ll gain access to hundreds of workouts that you can complete from the comfort of your own home. Join now…
Are you a BK’s member? You receive discounted access to Home Fitness Network. See here for further information…