Sweet Potato & Roast Capsicum Pizza
Capsicum is a superfood, packed with Vitamin C and Beta Carotene. A red or yellow capsicum will give any dish a bright lift.
- 200g Sweet Potato, thinly sliced
- 1g Olive Oil Spray
- 4 Pieces Wholemeal Pita Bread (160g)
- 4 Tablespoons Passata (80g)
- 4 Cloves Garlic (12g), crushed
- 160g Chargrilled Capsicum, thinly sliced
- 160g Reduced Fat Ricotta, crumbled
- 1/4 Cups Basil Leaves (10g)
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill over medium high heat. Spray sweet potato with oil and chargrill for 3 minutes each side or until golden and tender.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 large baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Place a pita bread onto each tray.
- Combine passata and garlic and spread over pita breads. Top with sweet potato, capsicum and ricotta. Lightly spray with oil.
- Bake pizzas for 15 minutes or until ricotta is golden and crisp. Sprinkle basil over to serve.
- For a topping alternative, sprinkle over some finely chopped red onion instead of basil.
- Be sure to check the serving size of the pita breads as there can be variations between products.
Want more recipes?
There’s plenty more where that came from. Our online platform, Home Fitness Network contains over 150+ meal plans and hundreds of quick and easy recipes like this – all designed by Michelle Bridges’ 12 Week Body Transformation team.
When you join Home Fitness Network you also gain access to hundreds of workouts that can completed from the comfort of your own home. Join now!
If you’re located in Victoria and living in a suburb under lock-down, we’d like to offer you FREE access to Home Fitness Network during the lock-down period. Get in touch with your local BK’s to request your FREE access.