Thai Pumpkin Soup Recipe
A belly warming bowl of pumpkin soup is the perfect lunch or dinner option on a cool day.
With the addition of lime and coriander, this soup recipe not only warms, it enlivens the tastebuds.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil (40g)
- 1 Onion (89g), roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoons Red Curry Paste (20g)
- 1800g Pumpkin, roughly chopped
- 2 Cups Liquid Vegetable Stock (500g)
- 3 Kaffir Lime Leaves (2g), shredded
- 1/3 Cups Fresh Coriander (5g)
- 4 Slices Wholegrain Bread (132g)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add pumpkin and stir to coat in paste.
- Add stock and 500ml (2 cups) water to pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until pumpkin is soft.
- Uncover and set aside to cool slightly. Puree using a handheld blender or in a food processor.
- Divide soup between bowls. Top with shredded kaffir lime leaves and coriander. Serve with bread.
- Kaffir lime leaves add a beautiful fragrance to this pumpkin soup. You will find them with the fresh herbs in the supermarket or greengrocer.
- Use finely grated lime rind as an alternative to the lime leaves. Use 1-2 limes.
Want more recipes?
There’s plenty more where that came from. Our online platform, Home Fitness Network contains over 150+ meal plans and hundreds of quick and easy recipes like this.
When you join Home Fitness Network you also gain access to hundreds of workouts that can completed from the comfort of your own home. Join Now
Are you a BKs Gym Swim member? You receive discounted access to Home Fitness Network. See here for further information…